We need lots of fruits and vegetables. There are so many recipes today, with so many healthy ingredients. But I think the dates are somehow neglected.
I remember the first time I tried a date. I was expecting a taste explosion.But they are just sweet without some specific taste. After that, I avoided them for a long time.
And now that I’m more mature and therefore smarter, I’ve returned these little bombs to my diet.
We need dates in our diet because this little fruit is extremely healthy. It gives so many good vitamins for our health. So I think this fruit deserves a special post.
Extremely healthy Fruit
What’s this all about:
- contain vitamins B1, B2, B3, and B5
- contain natural sugars such as glucose, sucrose, and fructose
- free from cholesterol
- contain very little fat
- proteins source
- loaded with potassium
- contain iron
- high in fiber
- you can replace the sugar, with dates (so you eat natural sugar and no refined sugar)
How to eat this incredible fruit
- you can make protein bars with dates, various nuts, raisins, cranberries
- as a smoothie with bananas, berries or any variety of your choice
- some people even stuff dates with pistachios, cheese, almonds
- or you can simply eat them fresh or dry
This is my main snack when I crave something sweet. Of course, when I am in PMS nothing can replace chocolate. But when this madness passes, dates are a very good replacement.
Banana, yogurt, dates and strawberries, it’s my favorite smoothie. I even tried dates with almonds and bacon, which was delicious. I am a big fan of sweet-salty flavors.
So, dear people, don’t forget this wonderful fruit. It may be small but it is powerful. I strongly hope this post will inspire you to buy these little health bombs. Maybe try a new recipe, or just enjoy as a snack instead of sweets.
Disclaimer-I’m neither a doctor nor an expert this is just my opinion.
P.S.if you are allergic to this fruit please do not consume it.